How is hardwood flooring a good investment?
Hardwood flooring could add value to your home in the following ways:
- Hardwood floors are generally nailed through the sub floor to the joists, which adds structural integrity to your home.
- Hardwood floors act as thermal insulators.
- Hardwood floors add value to your real estate investment. They generally make a property easier to sell.
- Hardwood floors are very durable. Sometimes when old buildings are destroyed the hardwood floors can be reclaimed and reused.
- Most floor coverings, carpet, linoleum, etc. last an average of 8 years. Hardwood floors can easily last the life of the building.
- Today’s wood floors are affordable. Over time, wood floors maintain their value. When other flooring options are looking tired and worn out, wood floors will still look beautiful and timeless.
- Hardwood floors come from a renewable natural resource and can be recycled into other wood products years later, (particle board, paper, mulch, etc.)